Friday, October 5, 2012

Surviving the 7th & 8th week and my weird 2 year old..

I thought I missed a week when I decided to squeeze in a quick blog this week. I am no longer going to do the postpartum body week by week. Only because I haven't really proactively been doing anything about it. The other night I did about 60 crunches and some leg work outs. I couldn't even do ONE sit up. It was pretty sad since I use to be able to do at least 80.. I just have zero abdominal strength!

Oh great, of course when I pull out the laptop, Trent is wide-eyed. I should've known. Anyways I guess I'll do a quick summary before he starts to cry.. I can't believe it has been 8 weeks already. On Monday he would be 2 months old. It has gone by really fast but at the same time it doesn't seem like it because he's still this little baby. He has gotten quite chunky. I was worried about that at first since he was skinny (to me) when he was born. He definitely has been filling out. Nights are good. It's actually the easy part of my day. I've also been able to get him to sleep a little bit more during the day but once he gets overtired I'm screwd. He seems to be the crankiest from 4-8pm. It's almost like once 4pm rolls around he wakes up and just does not know what he wants himself!

On another note, lets talk about Chase. He is my problem child right now. He for some reason has been going through this "no" and "mine" phase again. Those that are parents already know it's frustrating. Except now when I tell him to do something he just looks at me and doesn't do it. It's almost like he thinks its cute or something. Every morning I wake up and tell myself to have more patience with him. To not scold or yell and to tell him calmly. The thing is though, when I tell him nicely he doesn't listen! So I have to be really stern or raise my voice with him. He's also going through this mommy phase. This kid is a chatterbox. I can't get him to stop saying my name or to just sit quietly for a minute. It's almost like he just talks and talks about absolutely nothing. In a way I should just be happy that he's talking a lot right. But it's just so annoying when you here someone go mommy every 30 seconds ALL DAY, even when his dad is home.

Chase is a funny kid. He does things that I don't know if other kids do too. I haven't heard of it so I'm not sure if it's just his personality. I decided to start taking pictures of things he does. I might start an album of "weird things my 2 year old does." He has so much energy he literally is bouncing as he's sitting there eating.


 
So this picture would seem pretty normal except..I'm on the toilet. In the mornings when I use the bathroom, he feels the need to barge in and bring all of his toys in there. Sometimes he brings his ride on mater truck and just sits there. I have to tell him hey kid it's not a free show. Go outside and play with your toys! So he decides to bring his toys in there..


 
He likes to build "doors." He'll constantly bring his toys especially his big toys and build a road block and say its a door. It's like he's trying to baracade me in..or out?

 
He reminds me a lot of myself when I was young. I notice he likes small spaces. His favorite thing to do is to sit between the couch and the coffee table and lay on the ground there. When I was a kid, I was so desperate for my own space that I lived under the kitchen table, inside the pantry and inside my closet. Literally I would sit in there all day and invite my sister to have tea.

 
It's REALLY hard to get ready when you have a two year old with no distractions for him. Sometimes when he's too quiet I have to constantly look to see what he's doing. Most of the time he's doing nothing then he's sees you and you go, "crap. Now he's gonna come bug me." I don't know if there are other mothers out there that has the same reaction or if it's me. His favorite thing to do is to climb into our bed and hide under the covers and pretty much just turn our bed inside out. Can you even find his little head in there? The video is not very clear but it's just partial proof of the strange behavior my kid has..


 
I have to admit he is the sweestest brother. He gives Trent his blanket (only when you don't ask him for it), and he gives him a million kisses a day. He was laying down next to Trent and when I asked if I could take a picture he says no. What a jerk right. It's almost like nowadays if I ask him anything, the answer is no and he immediately makes sure he does whatever he can to make sure what you request is not gonna happen.
 
Here are some pictures of Trent. He's so cute when he's sleeping!
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment