Saturday, March 8, 2014

Our new living room!

Okay, I did awful so far. I didn't blog at all in February!  So to make up for it, I will write (hopefully) two entries.

So far the MOST exciting thing to happen to me was re-furnishing my living room.  I've spent many nights unable to fall asleep because I redecorate our house in my mind.  It's bad, I'm talking about 2 hours of laying in the dark until it's 11:00 pm on a weeknight.  Ever since we repainted our living home, I felt that the couch just didn't match.  I grew more and more disgusted and just found more reasons why we needed a new couch.  We really do need a new couch.  I've had our old couch since I got my first apartment.  I want to say that was 2007.  That couch has been through a lot and it was time for a change.  Actually, this whole house is furnished with the furniture from when I was 20.  My taste was totally different back then!

 I'm a total bargain shopper and that's a good thing because I love to shop.  I've been hunting for the perfect couch for a long time and did many hours of searching through the web to find the most affordable price.  I finally decided on something that was cheap but I liked.  I figured the boys will tear through this one and by the time we need a new couch, maybe it will be when we are purchasing our first home!

I pretty much changed our whole living room under $1000, WAY under.  For those that follow my blog, you'll also know that I've been obsessing about bench seating.  Well, I finally decided on something in between.  I decided the bench seating was going to take up too much room.

I've received compliments on my living room every time someone has come in!  Especially, when they saw what it looks like before.  I must say, I'm rather proud of myself.  I'm still missing this side table I've had my eyes on from IKEA and a table lamp.  It's very minimalist, kind of feminine, but not girly.  Does that make any sense?

I'm going to review the couch and where I purchased it from in a separate blog entry! Stay tuned!





No comments:

Post a Comment