Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Talking Back Three's

So there's terrible Two's, which I feel like I've managed to get by unscathed. Then, there's talking back threes. That's right. It's exactly what it sounds. Lately, Chase seems to have grown some balls. All I ever hear from him when I ask him to do something is, I don't want to, I don't like it, no or later. Okay, I mean he's still a pretty sweet kid 75% of the time, but that 25% of bad boy attitude just does not sit well with me. I don't know if I'm just not taking it so well, because Chase is an angel and to suddenly see him act out it's hard to take! I guess he's not that bad still, but bad enough for me.

I know that it's a phase and as he gets older and learns what he likes and does not like he will have an opinion of his own. Half the time I feel like he's just saying no, just to say no. I guess because he's generally such a good kid, that it's even harder to tolerate bad behavior because you know that's not him. As Chase is growing more into a kid and less a toddler, Trent is just getting cuter by the minute. Maybe that's what's making Chase seem so bad. He's offset by his cute little baby brother. Still, Trent is no angel. He's got this big personality and he wants to do all these adventurous things, but he scares himself in the process. He's also going through the phase that Chase went through. The one where they follow me around the house crying. Trent is fine and then he sees me and feels like he just needs to cry. It's as delightful as drinking a cup of thumbtacks.

I know somehow, it translate to love. It's hard to remember that when the kid sees you and just wants to cry the whole time. He's so cute though, with his pointing. He's much more affectionate already compared to how Chase was before. He still can't walk and for some reason, I'm okay with that. When Chase was his age, I wanted him to grow up so quickly. If he didn't do something on time, it would bother me. With Trent, it's different. I'm just letting him do things on his own. He loves to point at things, he's a night owl, persistent, scaredy-cat, a rascal, but he's loving and sweet.

This is a perfect representation of his personality.

Trent was probably crying for an hour prior to this. He cried the car ride to pick up Chase from school, the car ride back, when we got out of the car, when we got home....

No comments:

Post a Comment