Thursday, August 29, 2013

Gettin' my nails did!

So today I want to blog about something that I think most women do, but I've never grown accustomed to. That is, getting my nails done. I've had maybe two handful of times where I've gotten a pedicure, but I've only gotten a manicure maybe about 4 times in my life. But the other day I had to get an oil change and with an hour and half to kill I decided to walk to the nearest shopping center. As I walk there I noticed a bunch of food places. I'm thinking, SCORE! I get to have an excuse to eat something different and even though I'm by myself I technically have an excuse to. I go to every food place and it's CLOSED. So finally, I'm walking down the rows of stores and the only place that was open was a nail salon. The name was Red Persimmon Nail & Spa. I go in and looked at the price board. I was on a tight budget so I picked the cheapest thing that I could really want and that's why I picked a manicure. I usually don't because my nail polish chips by the 3rd day due to my excessive hand washing, dishes, bath times and etc. So, it's really not something that's worth it for me. Then again, my hands are the on nails I can't paint on my own. So for $15 dollars I thought why not, let's get a manicure. I picked this cute mint color, although I was torn because it was a color I had at home.

I went up to this nice Vietnamese lady. The store was big and clean. She was very nice. Well, long story short she tried to talk me into getting gel after I had explained to her that my polish never lasts, but it was $30. I didn't go for it, it was too expensive for me. THEN, she tells me they have this polish that already has gel in it and it's only $20. So I changed my color and VIOLA! Their service was great, there was another young lady there that chatted me up and made me feel very comfortable. I love how CLEAN the place was.

For the first time, I LOVE my nails. They did a great job and I can't stop looking at them! It's been a week and the polish has not chipped which is a record for me. I think I might start doing my nails more often :)

This was the day of!!



One week later...



Btw, square nails are the business ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment