Monday, September 24, 2012

September Glam Bag

Okay, I skipped a month. I took the pictures and everything but didn't have time to post them. Next thing you know, I felt like it's too late. I got some decent stuff from the last one..

So I guess myglam is not called Ipsy. They even turned their website into something that seems like a mix of Pintrest and Facebook? I've yet to really explore it but it seems like a cool place for beauty fanatics and gurus to share their looks and loves.


 
 
 
 
Carol's Daughter Monoi Repairing Split End Sealer ($25)
 
 

 
 
I haven't tried this yet, so I can't really comment on it. It's suppose to cure your split ends instantly. I've been meaning to try it but I keep forgetting to bring it in the shower with me.
 
 
SOHO Smudge Brush
 
 





Personally, I think it's a little too big and fluffy for a smudge brush. I think it would make a great crease or contouring brush (for your eyes). It's really soft and the brush is long which could good or bad depending on your preference. I'm glad I got a brush in the Glam Bag because it's something more practical than we usually get. I don't want just samples that could be used once or twice. Plus, you can never have enough brushes!

Mirabella Eye Colour in "Semiformal" $10
Mirabella.com

 
 
I'm really glad we got an eyeshadow and a shade that I can actually use. I don't think you can ever get enough neutral colors or browns although they may seem the same. One thing that I was disappointed in was that well, what if we don't have a palette to stick this in? Luckly I had an old E.L.F Custom Palette and magnet I was able to stick on the back of this so I could use it and not worry about breaking it. It was very pigmented and easy to apply.


Jane Sparkle Gloss
janecosmetics.com




So, I'm not really into lipgloss especially something so pink. I mean, all lipglosses are kind of the same to me...thick and sticky. I went on the site and the cool thing was if you get "The Friends of Jane Trio," 100% of the proceeds goes to a charity!

On another note, I got another lipgloss in the August bag that was pretty much the same color so I was a little disappointed. I would've maybe even preferred the lighter shade!


Circus by Andrea Nail Color in "Tightrope"
circusbyandrea.com





This is the third nail polish I've received from her collection. I'm excited to try out this color, it's something I don't have. I'm thinking the purple and orange (I got the orange last month) might make a good Halloween color!


Well that wraps it up for the Glam Bag. I've been thinking about cancelling because I'm not 100% thrilled about my glam bag anymore, but then it's kind of nice to have a surprise package for you every month and it's only $10. I got my tracking email for my first Glossybox today. :) I got a good voucher from R29 for $60 dollars for 3 month subscription. It seems like less of a committment if I just pay the $60 upfront instead of paying every month. Plus it's usually $22 dollars per month and I get some sort of custom special box because I did it through R29. By the way, if you're into Groupon, Living Social, Fab..you'll LOVE R29! It's similar except for fashion!

No comments:

Post a Comment