Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Urban Decay Mini Haul

A couple weeks ago, Urban Decay had a clearance sale. I couldn't help myself and just decided to browse and see if there was anything I wanted. I love clearance items and sales since I'm a mom on a budget. I would feel super guilty spending $17 dollars on an eye shadow. There were eye shadows for just $6 and yes, it's still a little steep if you think about it but for Urban Decay it's a catch! Also, I've never really tried other Urban Decay products besides my 24/7 Glide on eyeliner, I wanted to see if there other products were really worth the buck.


 
 
I ended up getting 4 eyeshadows in colors that I don't really have. I went for something bright since I had a lot of neutrals already and neutrals you can get anywhere. I also suckered myself into getting the mascara because it was only $5 dollars and it's supposedly going to be a discontinued product. The reviews were also really good. You can't even get a drugstore brand mascara for $5!
 
Vintage Big Fatty Mascara
 
 
 
 
So yes, the brush is pretty big. I would say it's better than the drugstore brand but compared to the Benefit's BADgal mascara that I got as a sample. I kind of prefered the BADgal one more. I didn't get an OMG this is so amazing and my lashes looks drastically longer and fuller reaction. Maybe later I'll do a picture of it on my lashes, that would probably help..
 
 
Vintage Eyeshadows
 
 



 
From left to right: Perversion, Minx, Flash, Goddess
 
 
So originally, these are $17, I got them for $6. The first picture is with flash so you can see the shimmer in some of the colors. The description on the site btw, is a real seller. They make it sound awesome. I've only tried the minx and the goddess so far. They are very pigmented and the Minx shadow even has big chunks of glitter in them.
 
Overall, I think they're products are decent. I like that the shades are true to color and I'm a sucker for awesome packaging. I even got some free samples that I have yet to try.

No comments:

Post a Comment