Friday, July 26, 2013

Can't believe I have a 3 year old!

For some reason, summer months are always jam packed with activities and it's absolutely craziness.

Chase turned 3 years old! I can't believe it's been 3 years since our little bundle of joy has turned into a full blown, talking, running, jumping crazy little boy. I must say that we have done really well with Chase but I don't want to jinx it. I can only hope that Trent is as good as he is. Chase is definitely very spoiled with love because he has so many "aunts, uncles, grandma and grandpa's" that loves him rotten. We are very blessed to have such great friends.

So Saturday prior to his birthday, he spent the day with my parents who got him an ice-cream birthday cake. Then, on his actual birthday I baked cupcakes and brought them to his school so he can celebrate with his friends. I even got birthday blowers, party hats, party napkins and Caprisuns. Since Brandon didn't get to attend any of those we decided to just take him out to dinner and invited some friends. We took Chase to Wal-Mart and Brandon let him pick out some toys. We met up Aunt Kori, Uncle Ryan Grandma Rae, Luis and his wife at Claim Jumpers. I loved that it was such an intimate get together. Just the right amount of people so that it didn't feel overwhelming and he got the attention he deserved and it was with the right people. Then, he had cake AGAIN! I mean honestly, what boy gets to have 4 birthday celebrations :)

So here's the crazy part. I'm trying to plan this birthday party and the two weekends prior to the party I have volleyball tournaments. Which pretty much leaves me with no time to do anything. Good thing I started early but, starting early only gives me ideas but I can't really start prepping things until now because I don't know the headcount. I think every year I get so excited to have a reason to plan a party. I know, most people say why not just have a simple BBQ. I don't know why? Maybe because I love to plan a party and growing up I never had birthday parties, so it's something that I pride myself in for my kids.

The thing I'm most nervous about is the cake. I've never baked a cake before, only cupcakes. I'm worried how it'll come out looking. I took the day before the party off from work so I can bake the two cakes (one for Chase and a tiny one for Trent), make JELLO, put together the party favors, do the bunting.

There are still a couple things that I wanted to do for the party but I'm not quite sure if I'm going to yet. I guess I'm just gonna go with it and see!

Cake #1 at Gung-gung and Po-Po's house





                           

Ride home after dinner celebration with friends. He's a champ!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment