Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Our new bathroom!

It has been pretty busy here at work that I have not had a chance to blog. I always go, "Man, I have to write about this in my blog!" and I always forget when the time comes.

So there has been a couple new things going on around the house. Slowly but surely we are fixing up the house condo. It has been 4 years since we've lived here and I've only dreamt about this day. I think I blogged about this before already but it's really happening.

We got the bathroom done. Well, it's not completely done but it's finished enough to me. There are minor things that we need to do and I'm not sure if we are going to put up some shelves. We are still debating where to put our towel hangers. Whether we should put them next to the sink on the left, if we should put it on the right side of the cabinet or on the wall across from the toilet.

It looks like a completely different bathroom. Everything is different besides the toilet and even that, we changed the cover on a little bit ago. We only changed it because I broke the old one =X

It was so much work for such a small room that I think it's making Brandon feel less and less motivated to do the rest of the house. I do feel like it's starting to seem more like our home now though. It's ironic, but Chris and Kat left and now..the house is getting updated from Chris and Kat's to ours. It's kind of sad actually, cuz I miss Kat a lot.

The major pieces that we need for our house now is a new couch and a new bed. We've had this couch since I first bought it and I was maybe 20? It has been through a lot and I think it's time we get a new one. We also want a new bed because Brandon hates this one. I've been dying for a king size bed and a new mattress because ours you can hear the springs hit you when you move. But, those things will probably have to wait until next tax season if we get money back.

It took me forever to find the perfect pictures for the bathroom. I had this Groupon deal that I purchased a while ago that expired recently. So I forced myself to pick up some pictures and I ended up choosing these. I'm very happy with them and I feel like it goes well with the vintage/modern style I was trying to achieve for the bathroom. The mirror I got from IKEA for $9.99. Seriously, that is dirt cheap.



No comments:

Post a Comment