Tuesday, August 21, 2012

First 2 Weeks of Postpartum (Road to body recovery)

So this entry is a little late since it has almost been 2 weeks since I've had baby Trent but I have been procrastinating. I wanted to track my return back to pre-pregnancy body weekly to see if it's really possible to completely bounce back. While I was pregnant with Trent, one of the things I really worried about was getting my post baby body back in shape. I've been told that things are just never quite the same after the second one. My main concern was not losing the fat since I've been blessed with freakishly fast metabolism, but it was more about the skin on my stomach regaining it's elasticity. I mean obviously, it is possible since you see celebrities who has had twins or multiple kids regain their figure and their stomach looks even more awesome than before, but is it possible for us normal folks who does not have the money and time to invest in trainers and tummy tucks.

I didn' really research on it I'm just going to go off on what I think might work. I know it' going to be hard for the skin on my stomach to tighten again since it has been stretched out for the second time and not that long ago since the first time. My last weigh in before I had Trent was 132lbs. Five days after I weighed in at 124lbs since I had to go and get my staples removed. Yesterday I went for my 2 week check-up, although it hasn't quite been two weeks and I weighed 115. That's 8lbs from my pre-pregnancy weight. The skin around my car is very tender to the touch, in fact more tender than the actual scar itself. I was curious why and my doctor said it's because when the made the incision, they cut off the scar tissue and insides around it as well and they grab the stomach after the incision and pull it open so the tissue around the incision would be sore. That sounds pretty gross..

Brandon recorded the whole surgery on our FLIP camera. I have yet to see it, but apparently it's pretty brutal. Maybe one of these days I'll watch it but right now I think it's a little bit too new still.

So far I haven't really exactly been watching my diet. I think having a newborn and a two year old definitely gives you less time to eat. However, this week my mom is actually staying with me to cook and make me food and soups that are necessary as part of recovery in our culture. Let me tell you, it consists of pretty much chicken everything. Chicken soup made of a black chicken. Some sort of water that's made from beans. I'm not allowed anything cold. She drank my beer because she didn't want me to drink it because it was cold! It was my first beer! Anyways, as I ramble on...here's a picture of me one week after surgery. I have been wearing my belly support wrap a lot. It is very uncomfortable so at night I don't wear it to sleep. I'm not the best at wearing it religiously because it's uncomfortable to sit down, but I heard that it plays a huge role in getting your stomach to shrink back. For me it's more like it gives me back and abdomen support that I need.

This is the bean water thing my mo is making me drink.




Week 1






 Week 2




 
Hopefully, in 4 more weeks I'll be able to exercise a little bit. Do some crunches and sit ups. I definitely want to get back into vball shape soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment