Wednesday, August 1, 2012

One Week Left Until Baby Trent is Here!

So technically I'm only 38 1/2 weeks because my due date is originally August 11th. Since, I'm having a scheduled c-section I have to schedule it prior to my due date but within my 39th week of pregnancy. So by this time next week, baby Trent will be here. My scheduled time is at 7:30am, which means I'll probably be done by 10:30. Although, I'm not sure how long I'll be in recovery from.

So far, I weigh 134 lbs, which means this pregnancy I have a total weight gain of 27 lbs. That's actually pretty darn close to my last one. I believe my last pregnancy I gained a total of 28 lbs. Although, I did gain a total of 4 lbs in the last week! Personally, I think it's because I actually ate a decent breakfast before my doctors appointment this time and the last time I went there starved. My doctor wasn't even going to check if I was dilated. He said there's no point since it's not going to affect the fact that I'm going in for c-section on a scheduled day and unless I go into labor, that's not going to change. I told him I would still like to know so I can get an idea if I might go into labor and if I'm even having contractions! Last time, I couldn't tell when I was having contractions and I ended up being 4 cm dilated. So far he said I'm 1 cm dilated and the baby is very low. Baby being really low doesn't really mean anything to me anymore because Chase was also "really low" but turns out he was just out of room.

I think I've actually been having contractions but...I'm not sure if they're braxton hicks. They don't hurt and it's not really that uncomfortable for me maybe that's why? From people's description, I kind of thought it would be really really painful and maybe that's what I'm looking for? Even when I was in labor and they gave me pytocin and I was having contractions every 3 minutes without an epidural it didn't seem painful but they were definitely more intense versions of braxton hicks. I kind of really hope I go into labor :) I think it would be exciting.

I read that I can have "demands" for my planned c-section. For instance, I could request that they lower the curtain a little so I can see the baby. I think I might ask for that, but I don't think I want to be able to see my own insides. I guess I just really feel like I missed out on my first birthing experience and I don't want to have the same thing happen the second time. I'm hoping that since this is a scheduled c-section, I'll be less drugged up and actually be capable of emotions when I see Trent for the first time. Actually, I would even be happy if I could see Trent right away. I don't really recall much of anything especially seeing Chase when he still had the umbilical cord. By the time I saw him, he was wrapped up in a blanket and we were leaving the O.R.

So far, I still don't think I have any signs of stretch marks in my tummy. Now I just have to worry about getting the elascity back in my skin post partum. I'm still kind of..what's the word. I'm drawing a blank.. I'm neither excited or nervous. I guess that's kind of how I was with Chase too. I'm just taking it day by day. I feel like there's still so much I need to do around the house.

So far at almost 39 weeks of my pregnancy it hasn't really slowed me down. I still carry Chase up and down a flight of stairs. I still cook, clean, give Chase a bath, go outside and play with him, assemble furniture, vaccum. I think I should slow down and relax..but let's face it shit's not gonna get done. Yes, now when I go up a flight of stairs even alone my legs feels like jelly. Yes, my back hurts when I give Chase a bath and get him dressed since I'm bent over on the bed and the tub. My feet does hurt and feel sore after walking and standing for a long time. But, it's do-able.

Here is me one week before my "due date."



This was me the week before. I don't really feel like the bump has gained 4 lbs!




No comments:

Post a Comment