Monday, November 26, 2012

Strawberry Buttercream Frosting

So on Thanksgiving, I last minute decided to bring some chocolate cupcakes with strawberry buttercream frosting over to Rae and Randy's because we didn't want to show up empty handed. I was going to make the cupcake from scratch but since I only had limited time because we were suppose to be there at 1:00 pm and it was already 12 with Chase waking up from nap any minute I decided just to use the Betty Crocker Devil's Food cake mix. The frosting came out AMAZING and I thought I would just share it. 

Btw, I don't really like my frosting that sweet so if you prefer yours on the sweet side, I would add more sugar.

Strawberry Buttercream Frosting
3 cups of unsalted sweet cream butter (Approx 6 sticks) room temperature
4 cups of confectioner's sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 cup frozen or fresh strawberry pureed into approx 1/4 cup of puree
1 teaspoon of salt


  • Cream the butter in a bow with a mixer until smooth. Approximately 5 minutes. 
  • Add the confectioners sugar and salt. Mix gradually increasing the speed until the sugar is completely blended. 
  • Add the vanilla and mix.
  • Add the strawberry and mix with mixer until light and fluffy. Approximately 5 minutes


No comments:

Post a Comment