Friday, June 28, 2013

Body Central Review

With a lot of contemplation, I decided to order 3 things that were on sale from this site called Body Central. I had a lot of hesitations when I was browsing online because of their size chart. I'm tiny, so a lot of American sites smalls are still too large for me. After doing a lot of research online, I decided why not take a chance and order something from their clearance section. I read that their items ran small which is good news to me!

I wish I took pictures of the three things I order. Maybe I will after I try them on. I have to say, I'm kind of disappointed by the quality of their items. I kind of thought that it would be comparable to Alloy but it's more like a bad version of Forever21.

Floral Tie Front Top

This is actually on sale right now for $1.99. That's right. I actually paid $3.99 for it, with a discount came down to $3.59. I got it in a SMALL. It looks SUPER CUTE on the model but when I got the actual product, the fabric is super thin and the top just didn't really have a shape to it. It might be different when I try it on. I just realized how pointless this review is without pictures of the actual items! Original price is $16.99. I would NOT spend $16.99 on it.


Knotted Skinny Stretch Belt

I got it on sale for $3.99. I actually, really like the belt. It's cute and it fits which is perfect. Hard to find belts that fits me. Usually, I have to make my own notch.

Ponte' Panel Skirt

This was on sale for $6.99. Once again, I got this in a SMALL and I don't think it fits true to size compared to the size chart they presented. My hips are about a 33" and my waist is probably a 25". This is definitely snug even on me. It's good for the price, more of a body con skirt. Although, the weird thing is the skirt has lines and the inside of those lines are actual seams. So, when you put it on, you see all these bumps/bulges where the lines and seams are. So it's kind of weird. Makes you seem really bulky.


I'm actually wearing the skirt today so I just went to the bathroom and took a picture of it. It's really not that flattering now that I look at it haha. It is exactly what it looks like I guess it just does not look as good on me.



Overall, I think I would have to try on the other top but for what I paid. It's DIRT CHEAP. But it does make me hesitant to try and buy some of their other stuff that might be a bit more expensive only because I don't think I would expect great quality. With that being said, I would still probably take my chances on some stuff that are on sale.

2 comments:

  1. How was the shipping?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was fine. Came in the time frame promised. Wasn't anything fancy.

      Delete