Thursday, May 24, 2012

Bacon Wrapped Pork Chops in Zesty Sauce (Slow cooker)

So I tried a new recipe yesterday and it came out really good. Even the fiance approved :) He's my picky eater.  He's not picky, but he likes things with a lot of flavor and so if he actually think's it's good, it's pretty good.

I don't cook a lot of pork because I'm just not that into it. Never really been a pork person and it tends to run dry. I have had some good pork tenderloin recipes, but as for pork chops...I think we only eat it every now and then. I came across this recipe and anything wrapped in bacon is worth a try to me!

I must warn you the recipe calls for "chili sauce" that is tomato based. I was so confused by that and bought canned chili like...with beans and meat haha. Then I read the recipe again as I was preparing it the night before and realized they meant chili sauce, the asian kind that's sort of sweet. Thank GOODNESS, I raided my pantry and found a 9 oz jar of Thai style chili sauce. Thanks to Brandon's grandma because I wouldn't have went through with the recipe. This recipe...is kind of a pain in the ass. I usually go for recipes that literally are throw in a pot type of deal but I thought it was worth the try.

Bacon Wrapped Pork Chops in Zesty Sauce
6     4oz Pork Chops (I used pork loin chops, just make sure they're thicker cut)
12   Slices of Bacon (A pack usually comes in 13)
1     12 oz jar of chili sauce (tomato based)
3     Tablespoons Brown Sugar
2     Tablespoon Dijon Mustard
1     8 oz canned pineapple chunks (drained)



Preheat broiler and have rack about 6 inches from the flame.

Wrap each pork chop with 2 pieces of bacon. The whole pork chop should be covered. Secure with toothpicks.

Place the wrapped pork chops on a broiler pan and broil until browned. (The recipe says about 5 minutes each side, but I had to do about 10 minutes each side). Remove toothpicks.

In a bowl, mix together chili sauce, dijon mustard and brown sugar.

Place wrapped pork chops in the bottom of slow cooker. Pour sauce mixture over pork chops til covered and cover with pineapples.

Cook on low for 6 hours or until tender.

**Make sure all of your porkchops are submerged in the sauce. I left two on top of the other porkchops because I didn't have room and they turned out really dry while the other ones remained moist and tender.





No comments:

Post a Comment