Wednesday, May 23, 2012

May's Glam Bag!

I received it in the mail last Friday but I've been soooo busy that I haven't been able to blog about it! I get so excited every time I get my tracking email and I literally cheer when I receive it. When I open it and see what's inside, I guess I'm a little disappointed!



So this month's bag came in something less pink. Which is nice! The only thing I really felt an excitement about was the lipstick and even then I was disappointed by the color. It really wasn't something that I would personally wear. 


Philosophy Fragrance in "Love Sweet Love" $42 (Full Size)


I personally really like the fragrance! I has a subtle, rose petal type scent. It's not harsh and it does kind of go with the name. It's a very dainty, fluffy scent..if that's even a way to describe it. I see a lot of deals on Philosophy products and have been tempted to try some but never got a chance to. I like this scent so much I might consider getting it as my next fragrance! It seems they also have this line in shampoo, body wash and lotion.


My Glam "Concealer" and Defining Eyeliner Brush




So the left one is the "concealer" brush. I actually didn't even think about it being a concealer brush until I read it again right now. It's VERY SMALL. I don't know how it's going to conceal anything but I guess I'll have to try. Personally, I like my concealer brush bigger. However, the hair on the brush is very soft and the brush itself is also a small size. It's probably good for travel in your make-up bag. 

The second brush is the defining eyeliner brush. I'm pretty excited about this brush because it's almost same as the MAC brush I use for my eyeliner. I've tried different brushes to apply my eyeliner, the typical eyeliner brush doesn't work out too well for me. I feel that it's harder to get a defined line. I've been using this brush ever since I tried it two days ago because my MAC brush is ready for retirement. As you can see the hairs on my brush is starting to get ruffled. It's been a good 7 years but I guess this is going to be my new brush from now on! At first I felt like it wasn't really picking up the color so well, but I think it just took a little breaking in. 

Miss Beauty Nail Bling


Okay, I don't really have much to say about this besides the fact that I'm probably going to put this in my drawer somewhere and forget it ever existed. I like the concept, but unless you're 8 years old, I don't really think metallic hearts that looks like a bad phone case cover is something I want to wear on my nails. I wish they gave us something a little more wearable..

Studio Gear Complete Color Lipstick "Misty Mauve" $15







I must say I was most excited to find out through Facebook's "sneak peak" that we were getting a lipstick in our bag! Woohoo! I've been experimenting with lipstick colors so I was hoping for something good. The packing on the lipstick was nice. I don't know if I'm just unlucky with the random drawing of colors or what but I never seem to get something that would fit my taste. The lipstick is a good texture and is very moisturizing. It doesn't make you look like you have chapped lips after applying. However, the color that I got is kind of dark! Maybe I can try to wear this in the fall and see if I feel differently. Right now I'm into bright lipsticks since it's summer. Hell, I've never been into dark lipsticks period I'll be honest. Overall, the quality of the lipstick was good. I just wish I got a better color. 

So far, I guess I am a little disappointed with the products I've been getting. Yes, the lipstick itself is worth more than the $10 dollars subscription, but I wish the stuff I got was more wearable for me. Maybe I just have bad luck. I never really was lucky when it comes to winning anything. 








No comments:

Post a Comment