Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Babymoon =D

I was doing the dishes the other day and Brandon comes up to me and goes, "I think we should go and get away somewhere before the baby comes. Even if it's just getting a hotel room in Newport, I just want to lounge in the hotel room all day with you and lay out by the pool." I tell him, OMG YOU WANT TO GO ON A BABYMOON?!? Of course he's like what the heck is a babymoon blah blah.

I've talked about what a great idea I thought it was when I heard Nick Lachey and Vanessa Milano did that. I didn't really think we would do that nor would Brandon suggest it. Our lives now revolve around Chase that I just realized how little time we have to spend with just us. Even when it is, we have so much to do around the house or we are exhausted. I started looking around online, hotels.com and just plain Google to see if there were any local locations that we can actually afford to stay at a decent hotel! My hopes were growing dim because everything that I was searching for the weekend that we would go was at least $100 and above. We can't really afford to spend $200+ to stay at a hotel. Especially in the month of July since we have sooo much stuff to pay for, like Chase's birthday party, Diaper party and just baby prep stuff. 

This morning I was doing my daily Groupon routine and looked hopefully in the Getaway section. I had found hope! Something that would fit our budget and far enough to feel like a vacation and a nice enough place that we feel like it's a getaway.

I am SOOOOO excited to get away with my babes! The last time Brandon and I actually stayed in a hotel by ourselves, was probably the night of our anniversary 3 years ago. I think this is something that we both really need. Having such a crazy and hectic schedule really makes you forget the romance. What it was like in the very beginning and what it's like to be alone together. I'm so glad that Brandon suggested this and I think this is something we both could really use before our lives gets hit by a tornado!

2 comments: