Friday, June 15, 2012

ULTA Haul

Okay, so I splurged a little bit recently on some make-up. Placement ads really do get to me! >_<

There was a sale going on at ULTA's website and I've seen the store in person before but never gone in. I picture it to be somewhat like Sephora, just not as high end? Anyways, I decided to just take a look at what they had and of course looking never stays that way. I didn't spend that much money though. I got 8 items and 6 samples and I spent roughly $60. Yes I know, bad kitty. I think that will satisfy my crave to buy make-up for a while.

So I get 3 Benefit sample's if I purchased something from Benefit and I also get 3 other samples for purchasing from ULTRA.

I purchased the creaseless cream shadow and lipstick and got the pink package as a sample.



BADgal Lash Mascara (Sample)









So the mascara is TINY! It's actually so small it's kind of cute. The brush takes up the majority of the bottle as you can see. I like that the brush actually grabs your lashes. The formula isn't messy and it isn't clumpy but I don't see it being a dramatic result like it claims to have but then again I think nothing will ever make my lashes look dramatic. Overall, I would definitely get the full size version of this mascara if I was to purchase one. I really like the brush!


The POREfessional (Sample)





I was quite ecstatic about this product. I've always wanted to try it the first time I laid eyes on it, but instead of paying the hefty $29 dollars just to find out if it really works, I get to try it for free! It's pretty much a oil-free translucent face primer that is suppose to minimize the appearance of pores. I feel like I have HUGE pores around my nose area so I'm excited to try it and see if it's really worth it. Their description says "practically poreless complexion. I have a face primer from E.L.F that I've been using and I don't really notice a huge different in the way it makes my skin look. I'll have to try it and see! I'm excited!


Cha Cha Tint (Sample)






So, I decided to try this on my cheeks this morning. Let's just say it was a major FAIL. I read the reviews and people loved it, so maybe I'm doing something wrong? The color is beautiful. It's a nice coral, but there must be a trick to the application. When I put it on my cheek and tried to blend it with my finger, it did not blend well. Instead it literally looks like a stain on my cheek and it's blotchy. I heard from my co-worker who also works at Sephora that it's better off on your lips. Maybe I have to try using a sponge with it?


Creaseless Cream Shadow/Liner in "Stiletto"





I'm actually kind of bummed at how the color turned out on this, because this is how it was pictured online..
 So as you can tell...it's totally off. It came out to be this dark, plum color. It reminds me of the "Get Figgy" color that I already have! I was looking forward to something lighter and different from what I already have.


Full Finish Lipstick in "Lady's Choice"


 






I must say, I LOVE THIS LIPSTICK! The color is definitely your go-to lipstick. It reminds me of the MAC Angel color that I have and love. It's a subtle hint of color and it glides on nice and creamy. I'm very glad I got it. Probably one of my new favs.

That wraps it up for the Benefit products I got. I love their packaging. When you open the packaging, it makes you actually want to read through it instead of just tossing it away because you might find a little message in there!

Next up, ULTA products. 

ULTA Lipstick 




From left to right: Cherry Picked, Just Peachy, Pink Chocolate, Pink it over.

It has a very light scent to it. Nothing overbearing. Glides on smooth and the color last's pretty long. The Pink Chocolate was a little disappointing because it goes on darker than it appears. Maybe it's more of a fall color perhaps. The red is a nice bright red. I was looking for the perfect red lipstick. I also really like the Just Peachy color. I've been looking for a true coral color. The ones that I get area always  bit too orange-y for me. 


ULTA Eyeshadow in "Stardust" and "Cashmere"




As you can see, I really like my browns and tans. I seem to be stuck always getting the same type of color. The eyeshadows are mediocre. They are not very pigmented. I don't know if it's just packed in there too tight, but I have to really dip my brush in there to get a color. I'm wearing the Cashmere color today and I like that it's a light shimmer. It's something you can wear to work or just as a daily look to add some color to your eyes. I'm really into the shimmer's in the summer time. 

I also got this base coat and top coat for my nails. I didn't realize that the reason why my nail polish didn't last as long was because I didn't use a base and top coat. So I'm going to give it a try and maybe even paint my fingernails to see if it really does make it last longer. My fingernail polish always gets worn out in a day because I constantly wash my hands. 








No comments:

Post a Comment