Thursday, June 21, 2012

Tag you're it! - 40 Beauty Questions

Saw this post from my baby sis Nhi's blog. Thought I'd steal it for myself and try to kill some time =)

SKINCARE
-How many times do you wash your face daily?
Twice a day. Once in the morning with a gentle cleanser and once at night in the shower with a scrub. I guess sometimes more than twice if I shower early in the afternoon, I'll wash my face again at night before bed.

-What skin type do you have? (dry,oily,combo)
Combo. Oily T-Zone and dry cheeks.

-What is your current facial wash?
I use The Body Shop Tea Tree Blackhead Exfoliating Wash in the shower, and the Neutrogena Naturals Purifying Facial Cleanser in the morning.

-Do you exfoliate?
Yes.

-What brand do you use?
The Body Shop Tea Tree Blackhead Exfoliating Wash.

-What moisturizer do you use?
At night I use The Body Shop Tea Tree Blemish Fade Night Lotion and in the day time I use The Body Shop Tea Tree Skin Clearing Lotion.

-Do you have freckles?
Yes! 

-Do you use eye cream?
You know what I did for a little bit. I used the Nivea cream for an eye cream but I guess I just haven't made it into a habit yet..

-Do you or did you have acne prone skin?
Yes, I broke out at 6th grade. My best friend's little sister would call me Spottie Dottie face. How embarrassing right?!? It has gotten SO MUCH better throughout the years, but for some reason I've been getting jawline acne. 

-Did you ever have to use Pro-activ?
No, but I've wanted to try. I'm hesitant because I hear very mixed things about the results.

MAKE-UP
-What foundation do you use?
I only wear foundation under my nose. It's been a habit that I can't seem to break. I use to break out under my nose a lot and it would leave dark blemish scars and it makes me look like I have a mustache! I use to use the Covergirl Aquafresh. I used it for YEARS! I recently switched to the Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse. 

-How about concealer?
I use concealer under my eyes for more of a highlight but I rarely even do that. 

-Do you know your undertone color?
I have no idea. Yellow? lol.

-What do you think of fake eyelashes?
I LOVE the way fake lashes look but I hate the way they feel. It's more of a night out thing for me. I don't know how people can wear them everyday. Maybe it's just me, but they're a pain in the butt and I always worry about them peeling and me not knowing. Then I just look dumb with half my lashes dangling.

-Did you know that you are supposed to change your mascara every 3 months?
I knew it was something like that..

-What brand of mascara do you use?
I don't really wear mascara. I feel like it doesn't do enough for my lashes that I want to wear it every day. I recently got the Benefits BADgal as a sample and I really like it! Before that was the CoverGirl Lash Blast.

-Sephora or MAC?
I love my MAC make-up, but going in Sephora is like a candy store. 

-Do you have a MAC Pro-card?
No

-What makeup tools do you use in make up application?
A defined liner brush for gel liners. Ever since I started using gel liners, I've never gone back to pencil or liquid. My angled eyebrow brush. I could not live without that because eyebrows are mandatory! I use the E.L.F Studio "C" Brush for eyeshadow and blush brush.

-Do you use make-up base/primer for the eyes?
Yes, primer is a must for eye make-up! I use MAC paint pot in rubenesque as a primer or NYX eye primer if I'm going for a matte look.

-For the face?
I don't usually, but occasionally I've been using the E.L.F face primer on my cheeks only. I feel that it helps my blush last throughout the day.

-What is your favorite eyeshadow (color or shade)?
My favorite shadow is actually a pigment from MAC called TAN. It's shimmery and light. I love it for an everyday look. I usually revolve around brown and nude shades.

-Do you use pencil or liquid eyeliner?
I use gel liner on top and bottom. Occasionally, I use bottom on my bottom. If I do use pencil liner, I usually go over it with a shadow to set in the liner. It helps keep it from smudging.

-How often do you poke your eyes with an eyeliner pencil?
Lol, occassionally.

-What do you think of pigment eyeshadows?
I love pigment shadows! I love that you can dab a little bit of water on your brush and create an even more dramatic look or just use it plain!

-Do you use mineral makeup?
I have some, but I rarely use it.

-What is your favorite lipstick?
Right now, MAC in Angel and Benefit's in Lady's Choice.

-How about lipgloss?
Mmm, I'm not really a gloss person. I hate that it's so sticky and my hair gets stuck to my lips when the wind blows. But if I do wear any, it's the Beauty Rush lipgloss from Victoria Secret.

-What is your favorite blush to use?
I don't really have a lot of blushes. I have one that I usually use on a daily basis and it's the MAC powder blush in Well Dressed.

-Do you buy your makeup on ebay?
No, I don't buy anything from ebay.

-Do you like drugstore makeup?
Yes, I'm a total bargain shopper. I can't afford to splurge on name brand make-up's all the time.

-Do you go to CCO's? (cosmetic company outlets)
What's that? 

-Did you ever consider taking make-up classes?
I would love to just for fun! I would like to go to beauty school just for fun, but that's way too expensive!

-Are you clumsy in putting on makeup?
ISometimes yes. Esp with mascara. I am clumsy sometimes with my eyeliner too. Especially when you're trying to line your eyes at 5AM in the morning half asleep with barely any lighting. It's hard to make sure both eyes are even!

-Name a makeup crime that you hate?
Bad eyebrows. I myself was a victim of that when I was young. I had the drawn in eyebrows. Terrible. I also hate it when people look like they're wearing pounds of powder and face make-up.

-Do you like colorful shades of makeup (lipstick,eyeshadow) or neutral ones?
I stil to very neutral eye colors. Sometimes when I'm feeling crazy I do some dramatic bright colors with a very casual white tee and jeans look. 

-Which celebrity always has great make up?
Jennifer Lopez and Kim Kardashian. 

-If you could leave the house using just ONE make up item,what would you use?
....just one? that's so hard! I guess if it's JUST ONE, it'll be shading in my eyebrows. 

-Could you ever leave the house without any makeup on?
Rarely. Even if it's just eyeliner and eyebrows, I almost 98% of the time have to put that on. I'm trying to let myself use to not wearing it out when I SHOULDN'T have to. Like going on morning walks and I know I'm going to come home and shower right away.

-Do you think you look good even without any makeup on?
No, I look very dead and asian. I feel like my features are so blah. 

-In your opinion, what is the BEST makeup line?
I don't think I've experienced enough to comment on who the BEST make-up line is. I love quality cheapy brands like E.L.F where it's affordable for people who wants to experiment with make-up but doesn't have to sacrafice quality. E.L.F is a brand that tries to make make-up that are good for your skin and the enviroment but you don't have to feel like you can only buy one item at a time. I mean you still get what you pay for, it's not the best but its definitely worth your buck.

-What do you think of Makeup?
I love make-up, but I think it's also an addiction. Part of me wishes that I never got into it in the first place because now I can't leave the house without it. I envy people with natural beauty that can leave the house without wearing a lick of make-up and still look like themselves or still look good. When I look at myself in the mirror without make-up and when I do have it on, I'm not the same person. I'm almost ashamed of how I look bare faced! I know maybe it's just an illusion in my own head, or maybe it's not. But once you get use to how you look with make-up on, it's hard to see yourself as beautiful without it. I think make-up is also another way someone can express who they are in an artistic manner. It's just like the clothes you wear, it's an expression of who you are. 

No comments:

Post a Comment