Friday, June 1, 2012

Buttered Noodles and Meatballs (Slow Cooker Recipe)

Before I begin..I might want to start off by saying this recipe is FREAKING AWESOME. We eat a lot of pasta in our family because it's easy, cheap and delicious. Plus, I could eat spaghetti everyday. I'm not a huge fan of meatballs to be honest. Just never really had a liking for them. I saw this recipe and decided to give it a try because I wanted to try something different with pasta.

The recipe calls for frozen meatballs, I wouldn't even know what isle to look down in the grocery store for meatballs. I also thought about making my own meatballs, but then when I went to IKEA and well what do you know, frozen swedish meatballs. $3.99 for a 2.5lb bag. Winner winner, chicken dinner. 

The original recipe calls for can of condense French Onion soup. I forgot it, but had the dry packaged version so I used that instead and filled a 10.75 oz soup can with the dry soup and filled it half way with water and mixed. Also, the original recipe makes 24 servings. Uh yeah, so I cut mine in half. 

Easy Pleasy Buttered Noodles and Meatballs
1    10.75 oz condensed Cream of Celery Soup
1    10.5 oz condensed French Onion Soup
1     8 oz sour cream
2.5lb  frozen italian meatballs (I used Swedish and you can decide how much meatballs you want)
1/4   cup of butter
8oz  uncooked egg noodles (you can change this up to your liking)

In the slow cooker, combine cream of celery soup, french onion soup, sour cream and mix.

Add meatballs and stir to coat. Try to leave the meatballs flat on one level. Cook on low for 5 1/2 hours. 

In a separate pot, cook egg noodles til done. Drain and add butter and stir to coat. 

Serve meatballs and sauce over noodles.




No comments:

Post a Comment