Wednesday, June 13, 2012

June's Glam Bag!

Let me start off by saying, thank goodness they put something decent in this month's Glam Bag because I was about to unsubscribe. I'm actually still thinking about unsubscribing though. Maybe the items are just not as exciting as I thought it would be? I put myself on the GlossyBox newsletter and I guess when I get the email letting me know subscriptions are open, I'll decide then?


This month's bag only came with 4 items. The theme is "Out All Night", meaning products that are made to last through a night out. When I opened it, I was pleasantly surprise by the bag. Even though I'm not a fan of gold, it was surprisingly cute! My friend's even said you could use it as a clutch!




Philosophy "Take A Deep Breath" Oil-Free Energizing Oxygen Gel Cream ($34) 2oz



I love the my daily face moisturizer that I use right now, so it was hard for me to break my routine and give this a try. However, I did try it out this morning. I'm not sure exactly how to tell if I love it or not? The bottle is tiny, I'd say the size of a tube of lip gloss, maybe smaller. You don't need to use a lot and it doesn't have a strong scent which is nice. I'm not sure how long I would have to use it for before I see results, so it's hard for me to comment on it now. It is oil-free and very light which is great because I have such a greasy face. It says that it's suppose to help clear your impurities and energize your skin. I'm guessing it's suppose to make it less dull and revitalize.

Living Proof Frizz Nourishing Styling Cream ($26) 4oz
livingproof.com



I'm kind of excited to try this one out since I do have frizzy hair. I haven't been able to find a single product that really claims for it to do what its suppose to for frizz. I have wavy hair but when it dries it just turns to frizz and loses it's texture and waves and turns into this bush looking thing. The only time when it stays is when I put a crap load of mousse in there but then you get the stiff pieces and even then it doesn't hold well. This product supposedly does not contain any silicone which is what causes hair to not frizz compared to other products? They also have shampoo and conditioners for sale. I'll let you know when I give this a try!

Marbella Permanent Eyeliner Pen $19







The eyeliner claims to be smudge-proof for 24 hours and is made of 100% natural formula. It also says that it's a duo tip? I can flip the tip around and use the other side? As you can see the color wasn't smudge proof, but then maybe it's because I didn't wait a minute before I smudged it with my finger. I'll have to give it a try. I like that it's a fine tip for close to lash fill-in's.

NYX Round Lipstick in "Saturn" ($4)
nyxcosmetics.com






Finally, a wearable color! When I put it on, it's pretty darn pink and shimmery. Glides on smooth. It's doesn't give your lips a flaky look and feels pretty moisturizing. It's suppose to be a mineral based formula that resists smudging and is long lasting. Overall, for $4 dollars, the lipstick is not of bad quality. I would definitely try a different color. 

So that sums it up folks! I think I might try to do a look with all of the goodies I've gotten from my Glam Bag one of these days. Although, I don't have a vlog so it'll just be a picture of me wearing the items. I kinda find that it defeats the purpose. We'll see! 




No comments:

Post a Comment