Tuesday, July 24, 2012

2 More Weeks Left...

I can't believe in two weeks (if I don't go into labor before then), we will be walking into the hospital to welcome our second baby boy Trent into the world. Finally, now that Chase's birthday has pass, I can get baby Trent's stuff ready. I don't know if it's because it's the second one, we're waayyy more non-chalant about it. I just packed the hospital bag yesterday! I managed to get almost everything done in one day. Washed the bassinette, carseat cover, nb and 0-3months baby clothes. There are definitely things that I still need to do around the house, but if I go into labor tonight, at least we'll have enough stuff to bring the baby home with.

I feel really bad, but lately my tolerance for Chase is so thin. I think it's just because I'm so worn out that it's hard to find the funny things he does humorous! Brandon loves it though, he thinks it's the funniest. As I'm sitting here typing this, Chase is standing behind me on the couch and coming to my cheek and blowing it. What a goofball huh?!? He is pretty darn cute I must admit. He's just so goofy and silly. I'm really glad he hasn't hit that "terrible two's" attitude yet but I don't want to jinx it. He has been saying no or nope more often but it's not outrageous and we usually work it out. It's not like he's so defiant that it's embarassing.

His birthday was amazing. We got a couple of our friends to ride their bikes to the party and Chase woke up just in time to see everyone take off on their bikes and ride along the car. The whole time, he's all "OoOoH! BIKE! BIKE!" I must say he is one of the coolest kids I know. Who else has bikes ride along him for a 2 year old boys birthday. What sucks is I didn't get to take any pictures because I was so occupied with entertaining and keeping an eye on him!

After today's appointment, I'll start going every week. You know how I've complained about the fact that me and my OB has no relationship and I really wanted to switch. Today was the perfect example. At one point he goes, wait what are you having again? A boy or a girl? I KNOW! I was kind of upset from that. He just doesn't seem to really care. I don't feel a closeness with our OB and honestly I think if this person is going to help you welcome a baby into this world..you should feel a bond or some type of closeness like they care. So far I weigh 129lbs. I started at 107lbs this time. With Chase I believe I gained a total of 25-28lbs. I think the baby might be smaller this time since I've only gained 22lbs but I do still have 2 weeks to go!

After washing all of the baby clothes, seeing how tiny and remembering Chase in it is getting me a little more excited for the baby. My main concern is just how Chase is going to handle it I guess. It does worry me, especially since we love Chase so much and he's so much fun. I don't want him to feel different.

The last big project I have left is turning the closet in Chase's room into a more practical closet. He really doesn't have a closet, it's just an indentation in the room and we have a dresser and two shelves in there. His dresser is already full of his clothes, there's definitely not enough room for Trent's clothes.

No comments:

Post a Comment