Friday, July 6, 2012

Cilantro-Lime Chicken Marinade

So I decided to try a different marinade for the chicken I was making for July 4th. I've always seen different recipes that asks for you to throw the ingredients in a food processor but I'm always too lazy. I finally got around to it and it turned out amazing. I also tried making stain glass jello, which wasn't as pretty as I thought but still turned out pretty patriotic.

Cilantro-Lime Marinade


1 Bunch of cilantro
2 :Limes
3 Cloves Garlic
2 Whole Dried Red Pepper
1/4 Cup Olive Oil (or whatever oil you choose)
1/4 Cup Soy Sauce
1 Teaspoon Salt
1 Teaspoon Coarse Pepper

Chop up the cilantro, (I only used the leafs), place in processor along with all of the other ingredients. Blend until a smooth puree. Add to chicken and coat! Told you it was easy!

I used a little over 4lbs of boneless chicken breast, but that's because the store ran out of bone-in chicken thighs.






No comments:

Post a Comment