Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Last Day of Work! 36 Weeks Pregnant!

I can't believe it, but it's finally here. The last day of work before I start maternity leave. I've been waiting for this day for tooooo long and it's surreal that it's finally here. Last time, I was looking forward to it because I knew that meant I got to rest. This time, it's a little different. I know there is no rest and more like time to get stuff ready but in a way it's good because it's the only time I know I'll have to get stuff ready. Part of me is excited to have a newborn again because now when I look back now I feel like it was so easy. I would have so much time to get all these things accomplished. Then I remember, I have a 2 year old AND a newborn this time. Not so relaxing. The perk is, I'm going to enroll Chase is school part time so at least I'll have some time to myself and just the newborn.

I don't know how this is gonna work out. Having a 2 year old and a newborn to myself. I think it's definitely going to be challenging. I'm ready for this baby to come, I think it's more of, am I ready to go through this new adventure with Chase. To help him understand and cope with what he might go through physically and emotionally. I only have 4 weeks from tomorrow until my schedule C-section. We did the hospital tour yesterday (our first time since we didn't with the other hospital) and it was kind of nice. Makes reality sink in a little bit. I have to clean, the house, prep the room, go shopping for a new closet layout for Chase's room, prepare stuff for Chase's birthday, prepare stuff for the baby, put Chase's bed together, prepare for diaper party. I have ton's of stuff to do and I feel like so little time.

My back has been killing me lately. I got in this really bad car accident when I was around 15-16. I was a passenger in an S2000 and the car lost control. Ended up on the opposite side of traffic with the car facing sideways and an Albertson's Semi ended up hitting the passenger side. I don't really remember much. I just know that the car crushed up like a tin can. All of my stuff flew everywhere since the top was down. I hopped out of the car and tried to walk home and I was only 2 blocks away but I couldn't remember where I lived. I just started walking feeling really fuzzy. I was on probation at the time and this is at like 2am and my curfew was 7pm. People asked me if I wanted to go to the hospital and I said no cuz I didn't want to get in trouble for breaking curfew, although now I wish I did. These two ladies in a truck that witnessed everything was following next to me asking if I wanted a ride. I just remembered getting in and trying to give them directions as to how to get to my house. It took me a while to remember and when I finally went home I just crawled into bed like nothing happened. I found glass pieces in my shoe the next day. I had a big lump on the side of my head. I think I shattered the window with my head. My back felt like I had got batted up and jumped. My body was so sore. I never told my sister because I was afraid I was going to get in trouble. I ended up telling her maybe a year later about the incident. Ever since then, my back has never been the same. When I was 21, I started going to the chiropractor every other week because my back got really bad. It was misaligned, I had inflammation on my spine in certain areas. I went for a while but eventually stopped.

With this pregnancy, I think my back is getting worse again because of the weight and with the lack of rest. It's hard when you have to carry a 2 year old and pick him up, bend down and do all these things with 30 lbs hanging from your belly and you're picking up another 25lbs.. The first time around, I got to rest when I got home and I didn't do as much physical labor.

Anyways! I took a picture of myself recently to compare my size. When I was pregnant with Chase, I took this picture of myself that was around a month before I delivered. I decided to take a picture around the same time to compare my belly size! Everyone keeps asking if I'm bigger or smaller and to be honest I can't tell. I feel like I'm smaller?



Okay, I definitely feel like I look smaller this time around or maybe its the way I'm taking the picture. Although, I think weight gain I'm the same so far. I gained a total of 28lbs with my previous pregnancy. 

I feel like I'm going to go into labor earlier this time, but what do I know. I hope I do I think it would be exciting to actually freak out and "experience labor." Technically I did, because I didn't get my epidural until I was 5 cm dilated. I went in to get induced at 4 cm, and they gave me a little bit of pytocin. I had contractions every 3 minutes to 5 cm then they gave me the epidural. I didn't think contractions were that bad to be honest. It wasn't anything to scream or cry about. But who knows, maybe if I go into labor it'll feel different? 

No comments:

Post a Comment