Wednesday, July 18, 2012

July's Glam Bag!

So I'm a little late. I got my Glam Bag on Saturday and I haven't gotten a chance to blog about it. I'm quite satisfied with the goodies this time though! They were actually things that I could use or am excited about trying!!



The bag is covered, but its this mesh type see through bag. I think I might actually use this one to bring my beauty products to the hospital with me.


Yes to Cucumbers on-the-go Facial Towellettes $5.99 for full size



Okay, sorry to be lazy but I am not rotating that picture. I've reviewed this product before so I was very ecstatic to learn that we were getting it in our Glam Bag! It's perfect timing because I was just thinking about getting another one of these to pack for the hospital. These by are are the best make-up removing facial towelletes. They do a good job of removing make-up and dirt from your face without leaving that nasty film you sometimes feel. Whenever I get other facial towelletes they always say you don't have to rinse but it just feels like there's residue on your face. With this one, I don't have that problem. You can get one of these travel size packages for around $1 at Target in their travel products bin. Another plus is, they're not heavily scented like most face wipes are. They're AMAZING!

Josie Maran Magic Marker Cheek & Lip Stain in "Jitterbug" $19


 

 


Ugh, I'm not loving pictures of myself. I might come back on here and delete it, but I love the color! I just had to show you how "bright hot pink" it looked on lips and it's really wearable! I'm really excited about this because I've always been into lip stain. I lick my lips a lot and I don't really feel like re-applying lipstick all day so I feel like lipstain is more suitable for me. I must say that it's been half a day and it's definitely still on my lips but it's not as pigmented around the center of my lips anymore but it's still hanging in there. I know this says it's a lip and cheek stain, but after trying to Benefit cheek stain, I just am a little hesitant because I don't think it would blend very easily. The last thing I want is a freaking hot pink line on my face that won't blend.

After looking at the product on the website, I love it even more because it's made of natural ingredients, fragrance free and paraben free. I find a common problem that lipstain always has this stink to it. It's weird I know, but the last thing you want is a stink right underneathe your lip.


Juice Beauty Green Apple SPF 15 Moisturizer Orig $38






So at first, I was really excited to see a moisturizer with SPF in the bag. I've been looking for a daytime face lotion to try that has SPF since it's summertime now and as you can see from the close up am getting a TON of freckles! To read on and see that it was an organic formula made with a variety of organic ingredients. It says on the website that it's designed for mature skin that's effective for hyperpigmentation, dark spots, uneven skin tone and texture. AWESOME RIGHT? I am down for something that corrects uneven skin tone.

I decided to try it this morning. It has a light green apple smell. I'm not sure how I feel about that since I feel like fruity smells should be left to body lotion, but on top of that the texture was VERY thick. It literally feels like you're applying sunblock, that's the only way I can describe it. I expect my face lotion to be light and feel like I'm not wearing anything. I guess I'm spoiled by my Tea Tree products and that's why I hold a higher expectation for how my face should feel after I put a daytime lotion on my face. It used just a tiny bit, (the same amount I use for all face lotion) and tried to spread it on my face. It was very hard to spread evenly. Once again, the only way I can describe it is that it feels like you're trying to put sunblock on your face. I'm not crazy about how it feels afterwards too. I even tried to wait about 5 minutes before putting on my make-up hoping thhat it would absorb a little bit and feel less heavy on my face. It definitely feels kind of greasy and when I touch my face now, you can feel the lotion on there. Even though this stuff might work miracles, I don't think I'd ever buy it. I can't stand that greasy heavy feeling on my face.


NuMe Hydropunch Conditioner  Orig $24.99





This is suppose to be a great conditioner for hair that is dull and dry. I guess if you're a beach bunny this is for you! Unfortunately, I am not a bunny nor do I get a chance to go to the beach very often, but I'm sure that post pregnancy or maybe even right now since the baby is taking all of my nutrients this would be good to hydrate my hair. I feel like my hair always gets so bushy when I'm pregnant! Haven't tried this yet, so I'll have to let you know how it goes. :)



Circus by Andrea's Choice in "Reverse"






Not even on sale yet on the website but I do love the packaging. I wish I got it in a different color since I'm not sure if I can pull off white nail polish. I think I'm going to have to review this product at a later time. Maybe I'll paint my fingernails although that never turns out well.

**Here's a update on the polish. It doesn't remove very well I tell you that. Well, it comes off easy but it leaves this white powdery looking residue. I like it because it's thick. It doesn't require many coats. I just wish I got this in a different color! This is after one coat.




Overall, I am very satisified with this month's Glam Bag. I'm glad they're stepping up with their products because I was about ready to cancel. The only product I'm somewhat disappointed with is the Green Apple moisturizer. I mean, it's really not that bad. I think I'm just use to wearing a very light weight moisturizer. I see that the other moisturizer they were giving out in the Glam Bags is the Kiehl's Ultra Facial Oil-Free Lotion. I wish I got that one instead!

No comments:

Post a Comment