Wednesday, August 21, 2013

August Glam Bag!

It's that time of the month again! No, I'm not talking about that, I got my Ipsy Glam bag! This month's theme is "Glamour Academy." I usually never cheat and look at the products I'm getting prior to receiving it, but this time I did and..well let's just say I got it out of the mailbox same day instead of leaving it in the mailbox for a week. I saw that we were getting an Urban Decay lipstick.




Urban Decay Revolution Lipstick in "Anarchy" $22
urbandecay.com


Urban Decay's Pigment Infusion System™ delivers insane color payoff with creamy shine, Maxi-Lip™ plumps and nourishing oils leave lips cushiony soft. Get the color you crave. Addictive to apply (and even more addictive to wear), this creamy formula glides on without dragging or skipping, hugs every curve and gives you a BIG laydown of color. There's a wide range of colors - from gorgeous nudes to bold brights, there’s something for everyone. Our luxe, custom-designed gunmetal tube (lined in dark purple) features organically shaped facets that practically beg to be touched. You’ll want to keep pulling it out of your bag—whether it’s time to reapply or not.
I haven't gotten a chance to try the lipstick on yet but it's TINY. It's like a toy lipstick. I LOVE UD products and I love lipstick so I'm eager to try it!. The texture seems very creamy and pigmented. As you can see from the swatch, that was just me drawing a line LIGHTLY on my hand. The pink is definitely a little intimidating but I think it'll go great with a casual outfit or with a little black dress.





MICA Beauty Mineral Eye Shadow in "Bronze" - $14.95
micabeauty.com

MicaBeauty Mineral Eyeshadows are extremely gentle, free of preservatives, chemicals, dyes, talc, oils, and other fillers. With this unique formula, the eyeshadows will look ultra smooth and stay put for hours without creasing or pulling the delicate eye area. Can be mixed with clear lip-gloss, clear mascara, and clear nail polish to add pigment to lips, eyelashes and nails!
I love this shadow! It reminds me of this MAC loose shadow I got in Tan. I'm obsessed with neutral colors that has a bit of shimmer in it. I'm actually wearing it today as a base shadow. What I really like about the shadow is that it's free of preservatives, chemicals, dyes and other bad fillers.



It's not as shimmery on my eyes because I blended it with another shadow. 

Pixi Beauty Lash Booster Mascara in "Blackest Black" - $17.00

This unique mascara truly boosts your lashes, giving them a "push-up" effect that lasts all day. The dense, rich formula coats lashes with maximum pigment, for long-lasting full color and the cone-shaped brush coats each lash evenly. Long lasting, smudge-free and waterproof.
I have yet to try this, but I don't get super excited about mascara. I really don't wear it that often unless I get light shadow on my lashes. To me, I don't have any eyelashes to begin with so putting on mascara really doesn't add a dramatic difference.



Michael Todd Jojoba Charcoal Gentle Exfoliating Facial Scrub -$18.00
michaeltoddtrueorganics.com

The Jojoba Charcoal Gentle Exfoliating Facial Scrub is formulated using the powers of Jojoba Wax Beads and Activated Charcoal. This mask effectively removes dead skin, impurities and toxins, but is gentle enough for sensitive and acne prone skin types. Jojoba Wax Beads provide gentle exfoliation without leaving microlacerations on delicate skin. Highly absorbent Activated Charcoal penetrates deeply into pores to draw out impurities and toxins. Also refines texture and encourages skin renewal, leaving skin smooth and refreshed. 
I have yet to try this item, but so far the reviews for it is great! I'm so obsessed with my Body Shop Tea Tree Face Scrub that I'm pretty hesitant to try anything else.




Pacifica Alight Multi-Mineral BB Cream- $16.00

Think sheer moisturizing tint with benefits.  A true multitasking miracle that hydrates, primes, illuminates, and perfects leaving a sheer bare skin finish.  Specialized mineral pigments that instantly adjust to your skin shade allows one color to work for many.  The sheer application can be built up for just the right amount of coverage.  In addition, this amazing BB Cream formula contains high performance anti-aging botanical ingredients that revive and re-mineralize skin for a natural glow. Your skin will look natural, dewy, youthful and radiant without looking like you are wearing heavy make-up. 
What you should also know: Don't expect this to be a heavy foundation.  This is more close to a tinted moisturizer leaving you with a natural finish. 

This is the FIRST BB Cream I've received from my Glam Bag. I'm really excited and wished they pushed more of these products. I've yet to try a BB Cream that I can say I love. I'm really excited to try this because they say that this is more like a tinted moisturizer. I wonder what the coverage is like and the texture. My experience with the MISSHA BB Cream was that it had great coverage but it felt heavy. I don't normally wear any foundation or powder so to suddenly put something on my face that looks and feels like "foundation" even though it's just a cream just did not sit well with me. Nonetheless, I stopped wearing it because I just felt like it was too much. The only thing is that I don't think this contains any SPF, which is usually what causes BB Cream to feel so thick.







Overall, another satisfied Glam Bag. I'm really glad that they've been pushing better products!

Live Long & stay beautiful!

No comments:

Post a Comment