Wednesday, August 7, 2013

DIY-Party Favor Cups!

First of all, I just wanted to say that I've finally gotten past 5000 page views! I realized, after research that it's actually a pretty pathetic thing to celebrate. The median is about 5000 views a month haha. Well, I don't really put my blog out there, even though I'd like to I don't think I'm committed enough that people would like to follow. So this is just kind of a hobby for me. I really enjoy writing and it soothes my soul!

Today, I want to do a DIY entry for the superhero cups I made for the boys party! You can virtually do ANYTHING. Seriously. I got the idea from these Etsy cups, except I did not want to pay $26 for 12 cups. Mine might not be permanent vinyl, but the kids aren't going to care.

First, I bought the wrong labels. I got these ones that said they were "clear" but they weren't. They were foggy white. I thought they would be transparent. So I had to go back and get different labels.

It comes out to about the cost of $1.10 per cup for 50 cups and you'd have some extra straws and labels left over. I would've paid double that getting them from Etsy and making these were so easy!




THINGS YOU NEED:
  • 16 oz Clear plastic cups with lids-I found some here from Amazon. 50 for $22.25 and free two day shipping for PRIME members.
  • Transparent Label Stickers-You can get them at STAPLES. 80 for $14.99. 
  • Straws - So I used crazy straws, but if the vintage paper/chevron straws is your thing, go for it. I found some on Amazon . 36 pack for $8.90 and free two day shipping for PRIME members. You can also get silly straws at the Dollar Tree. 
  • A PRINTER
So obviously, if you're going to get bigger cups, you'd probably want bigger labels so it's proportional. This is going to be a super simple step. I'll provide you the link to the Avery site that'll direct you to the exact location but in case if it doesn't work I'll walk you through it. Avery Design & Print Online.

  1. Go to www.Avery.com/print
  2. Enter the template code 22822. (It should also be located on your label sheet)
  3. Click on Rectangular Label
  4. Select the blank "Select & Customize" label
  5. Upload your photo and print!
You can pretty much upload any picture your little heart desires and size them so it fits on there. I definitely recommend printing the first one on regular paper. They also prompt you to make sure you DO NOT select "SIZE TO FIT PAGE" when you print, even with that I forgot to click it once. I got these courtesy of Dafont.com. What I did was use the Avery Template Designer and made Chase a custom Birthday Boy one. Pretty cool right?













No comments:

Post a Comment