Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Swiffer Bissell Steamboost Steam Mop!

So, for my birthday..I gave in a bought myself the Swiffer Bissell Steam Mop!!


After much consideration and research, I said what the hell, let's live a little. It was $49.99 at Target and it comes with just two mops cloths. You buy the additional cloths for $9.99. It's the same price as all the other cloths. I heard that the steam power on this thing wasn't so great so I had my reservations. One thing that I was not aware of until I bought it, was that it has to be plugged in to be used! I thought it was like the Swiffer Vac, where you charge it and use it so it's cordless. I've been eyeing the Steam Shark for a long time, but I didn't like the fact that the cloths were not disposable. I don't know, it just doesn't seem as convenient and kind of dirty.

I must say, that this steam mop is not very "steamy." It's also not steaming all the time, you have to press the trigger when you want the steam. The mop clothes itself are already wet. So the upside to this is the cloth actually stays damp the whole time, unlike the regular wet ones that you just use on a stick pretty much. I guess you do feel like it's a bit cleaner. I kind of imagined it to be more like the steam shark where it sanitized the floor but it doesn't really seem like it does it. The floor is a little warm after you go over it but that's it. 

Do I regret it? Mmmm, not really. It's still a step up from using just the regular wet Swiffer mops. Do I wish that I spent the extra $20 and got the steam shark. Probably! 

The Steam Shark actually says that it disinfects the floor and because of the heat, it leaves it dry immediately. The Swiffer really leaves your floor kind of wet for a while. So if you're just kind of looking for something that's better than the regular Swiffer mop, then this is a good upgrade from it. If you were looking for some deep clean action like I was, spend the extra $20 and get the Steam Shark because you're not going to get your steam niche with this one.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you! I really appreciate the time you took to do this review. I have been considering the Swiffer steam mop and this has helped me realize I definitely want an actual, sanitizing steamer. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome! I'm glad that it has helped someone! I definitely wish i got the sanitzer one as well. Especially with my kids playing on the floor all the time and dragging their blanket around the house!

      Delete