Thursday, April 5, 2012

Chicken Stroganoff Slow-Cooker Recipe

Okay so I haven't used my slow-cooker in a while and I finally did yesterday morning. It was a last minute thing since I remembered the fiance is going to the gym after work which means no time to cook dinner. So I remembered a VERY SIMPLE slow-cooker recipe which pretty much consisted of stuff I had in the fridge and pantry. Chicken Stroganoff! I prepped it all in the morning which took about...5 minutes? Awesome right. Btw, most stroganoffs contains mushroom. My fiance is not a fan so all of my recipes are mushroom free (bummer I know). Feel free to try this with Campbells Cream of Mushroom Soup instead!

Chicken Stroganoff
1 lb chicken breast, cubed
1 0.7oz dry italian dressing
1/8 cup margarine
1 8 oz cream cheese
1 10.75 oz Campbells Cream of Chicken 

Cook Time: 6 hrs 45 minutes
Prep Time: 5 minutes

Serve this with any type of pasta you might like. I like using shells for this one. 

Take your cubed chicken breast and place it in the slow-cooker. Add your dry italian dressing and margarine and mix well. Make sure all of your chicken is coated. Turn your slow-cooker on low for 6 hours.

When your 6 hours is up, add the cream cheese and cream of chicken to the chicken and stir. It will be kind of hard to mix at first but do your best. Put it on high for 45 minutes. Mix and stir again, should be easier now that the cream cheese has melted. 

Add your cooked and drained pasta to the slow-cooker, mix and enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment