Friday, April 27, 2012

Rimmel Volume Accelerator Mascara Review


Okay, so I don't wear mascara's very often. I think it's because I feel ripped off EVERY TIME. Every now and then though, I do fall for it and end up buying one in hopes that it will actually do what it says it's going to. This Rimmel mascara is suppose to be a mascara AND makes your lashes grow fuller in 30 days. I'm all about volume when it comes to my lashes. Length is nice but I would like fuller lashes. On top of this being a lash growth treatment, it's suppose to make your lashes look 12x's fuller immediately.



There were other mascara's there that were $5.49 but this was the only one that was $7.99 and I remember from the magazine that this was $7.99 specifically so I decided to get it and try it.





So the packaging is nice, the brush looks a little weird it has this like..bulb shape? I don't even know if that's the right way to describe it. I decided to test it for 30 days and see if there is noticeable growth in volume on my lashes. Keep in mind, I'm also using the BUXOM lash liner that is also suppose to make your lashes grow so I guess this is a bad test since we won't know which one is effective or maybe we'll find out none at all!

I'm going to take pictures of my lashes every week.



I never realized how creepy eyes look without the rest of the face or maybe it's just mine. I have barely any lashes but I can't complain because for being Chinese, my lashes actually are not bad.

Here is my review of this product:


Quality: It comes in a nice package and looks like a mascara is suppose to.
True to Color: It's black so yes true to color.
Pigmentation: N/A
Effectiveness: As for making my lashes look instantly fuller..not very effective. We'll have to see on the growth part.
Rating2


I must admit this is probably one of the worse mascara's I've purchased and tried. The formula is REALLY sticky. It makes your lashes clump together and if you have very few lashes like me...it just makes you look like you have even less lashes! It was hard to apply because of the fact that it was so sticky. The brush didn't really feel like it was grabbing my lashes, it was more like rubbing up on it. I even tried to add a second coat hoping it would separate my lashes but it just made it worse and was near impossible because my lashes were now stuck together. I had to try and pick my lashes apart afterwards. Unless putting on mascara is rocket science and I'm just doing it all wrong..it does not work very well. Here is a picture of my lashes with it on after two coats.



Man I didn't realize how many freckles I had til you see it up close on camera!

No comments:

Post a Comment