Wednesday, April 18, 2012

My April Glam Bag!!!

Okay, so I finally got my much anticipated April Glam Bag! It really wasn't as exciting as I thought it would be..but for $10 dollars its not that bad. Plus, just the Lip Quench alone is worth more than what I paid for and I got the full size product!

This is what's in my Glam Bag!

It came in a very sleek pink packaging. It's cute, except I'm not really a pink person..but I like that it didn't come in a boring packaging!






So, the bag that it came in is a reusable cosmetic bag. Personally, again, not a fan of the pink but I like that it came with something that could be used again. It also comes with a card that briefs you on the item that's in the bag so you can go on their website myglam.com and buy the full size product that you like.

DermStore Lip Quench ($12)
Available on dermstore.com




Here is the description from the site: 
"DermStore Lip Quench hydrates, softens and adds a hint of color to your lips. Soybean, olive and sweet almond oils provide antioxidant protection and nutrients. Vitamin E treats dry, chapped lips. Perfect for wearing alone or over a matte lipstick for high shine lips."

Overall, it is pretty moisturizing. It's a little bit sticky for me. Feels like a lip gloss and I'm not sure if I like that. It has a subtle hint of color and a light scent. I don't know if I would spend $12 on it though.

Quality:  Good, comes in a typical lip gloss type applicator. A little hard to squeeze out since its so thick.
True to Color: Not sure if this really applies, but it does have a little pink to it.
Pigmentation: N/A
Effectiveness: Effective. Hydrates your lips!
Rating: 5


Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Pencil ($19)
Available on urbandecay.com




 First off, I love this eyeliner. I think it's the only pencil liner that doesn't smudge and actually stays on ALL DAY. I have issues with pencil liners because my eye lids get greasy and I have Asian eyelids so everything creases or smudges after a while. I'm not thrilled about the fact that the one I got from the Glam Bag is pink. I just don't think it's very wearable but I'm sensing a pink trend going here. Nonetheless, it is still an awesome eyeliner and maybe one day I'll find the use for it when I'm feeling crazy. The bottom picture is to show you the size of the one I received. I have the full size one in "zero"  and mine is still longer and it's used. So for $19 dollars I definitely think it's worth it.

Quality: Great, glides on easy.
True to Color: Pretty accurate to the pencil!
Pigmentation: Very pigmented as you can see from the picture.
Effectiveness: Really does stay on "24/7."
Rating: 5




All-Belle False Lashes







I don't know much about this product. It's in Chinese so I don't understand it. According to MyGlam, they are handmade in Taiwan and can be worn up to 10x's. I don't really use false lashes that much but when I try them I'll let you know!

All Over Eye Shadow Brush & Liner Brush



I'm guessing this is their signature "Glammie" brush. Glammies are what they call subscribers of My Glam. They're made of pony hair and pretty small as you can see. Haven't gotten to try them yet but seems pretty soft!

So overall, the products were not as exciting as I had hoped. I still enjoyed having something to look forward to and can't wait for the next one. I was hoping for more products like eye shadow or blush. I guess more make-up than accessories. 



No comments:

Post a Comment