Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Super MOM

I've been DYING to blog for the last couple days but it's been crazy busy at work and in my personal life that time just does not permit! It's funny because the other night I told Brandon I feel like a freaking super mom when I really look at all that I managed to do for my family with the little bit of time I had. I manage to make sure dinner is on the table every night (almost every night except maybe on the weekends.) So I thought to myself last night, what is my schedule like?

Here it is, the schedule of a SUPER MOM

6:15-7:00AM -Wake up, get Chase dressed, get myself ready, get dinner in the slow-cooker and run out the door.
7:00-8:20AM - Drive to work
8:20-4:30PM - Work without a lunch so I can leave 30 minutes early.
4:30-5:50PM - Drive to Chase's school to pick him up
6:05PM - Get home
6:05-6:30PM - Dinner is served, eat mine really quick so I can get Chase's bath started before he is done.
6:30-6:50PM - Give Chase a bath
6:50-7:30PM - Clean up the kitchen, sometimes the dishes if Brandon doesn't do them and hang out with Chase.
7:30PM - Put Chase down for bed.
7:30-8:00PM - Prepare dinner for tomorrow. Get stuff ready for the slowcooker.
8:00-9:00PM- Watch a recorded show with the fiance
9:00-9:30PM- Shower and bedtime ritual

So that is an estimate of my schedule because sometimes Brandon gives Chase a bath and I do the dishes or Brandon has to work late and I do everything on my own. Sometimes we feel a little crazy and watch two shows and stay up til 10pm. But I realized that throughout my whole day...I really don't sit down til about 7:15pm at night and even then it's not really sitting and relaxing because I have Chase running around and climbing over me. I have a VERY tight knit schedule. Everything pretty much is like back to back, move! move! move!

I think for someone who drives an average of 3 hours a day I still manage to make sure we always have dinner on the table and usually on time. I also do the dishes every night and our house is not the cleanest, but it is pretty darn tidy compared to some homes I've seen. One thing I'm really big on, is the kitchen being clean. It bugs the living daylight out of me when the kitchen is messy. I seldom allow that to happen. I always put Chase's toys away every night if I forget to ask him to help me. Folding laundry is my weakness. We let our clean laundry lay on our bedroom floor but we've been doing a pretty good job of putting it away recently.




No comments:

Post a Comment