Monday, April 2, 2012

Distance makes the heart grow fonder..

So this weekend for the first time in a while, we had Chase stay with his grandparents. I'm battling this never ending cold and I could use some rest and my parents could use a little bonding time with Chase. I missed him two hours after he was gone. It was so sad, I carried him downstairs to my parent's car and he did not want to go. He just gets his blankie and he hugged me with his head on my shoulder. That made me so sad. Every time he doesn't want me to go, he wants his blanket and just holds me. I know right. I definitely could have used the break from Chase for just a little quiet time around the house so I can relax a bit, but man I missed the little booger. My fiance and I missed him by the time it was Sunday and we were ready for him to come home. It was definitely nice to have such a quiet house and to be able to do things without having to worry about Chase or scold him. We even said to ourselves, "Is this what it was like before we had a kid?" When Chase finally came home, he was so hyper and in this jolly mood. The silence has been broken and the house was back to normal. It also made us feel like he had mature and grown so much in just a day! Maybe we just noticed it more because we got a little break from him. I think it's definitely healthier to have a break from your kid for a day or two. It makes you appreciate them more and you get the mental break you need to regain your sanity!

Anyways, I am so freaking congested. It's been a week now and I still can't breathe through my nose and my ears are extremely clogged. I pretty much feel as crappy as I did the first day. I took Benadryl at night to help with my sleep and clear my nose but I'm just not so sure how I feel about Sudafed. They don't even sell Sudafed without checking ID anymore because that's one of the drugs they use for making meth!

No comments:

Post a Comment