Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Bargain Shopping

I know that I like to shop. When I was single and bills were my only worries, I definitely spent some money on  materialistic things to treat myself for my hard work. Now that we are a family of four, we have to be careful with our spending. I don't think I could completely sacrifice not shopping all together so here and there I'll do some major bargain shopping. I'll find a couple pieces from Forever21 or just anywhere online in their sale section. I am a clearance/sale online shopper.

Recently I went into the F21 store, which I almost never do and I did find a couple things. I've been wearing a lot more dresses to work lately because it's simple and easy. Plus, a dress always looks professional and I'm just not really that into slacks. They don't fit me well and I feel awkward in them.

I decided to share my look and outfit today.

Let's start with make-up. I did what I think people call a pin-up look? I don't really know what you'd call it. Vintage? It's minimal and most people would add fake lashes to the look but I'm not going to wear fake lashes for work.



This look is SUPER SIMPLE! Here are the products that I used.

For my eyes:

I used my Chella highlighter pencil for under my brows.



I use this as a primer ALL the time. I love the subtle color with a hint of shimmer. I use my right ring finger and apply all over my lids.
MAC Paint Pot in Rubenesque


I use gel liner EVERY day. I use to use it on both my top and bottom, but lately I've only used it on my top. I find that it's the only way my liner won't smudge because I have greasy Asian eyelids.

I actually got this one from my Ipsy bag and started using it when I ran out of my Buxom Lashliner.


I used the Marbella eyeliner pen for my bottom lashes. I also got this from my Ipsy bag. I don't typically use this because I feel that the color was kind of light. But, it was perfect for my bottom lashes in this case, because I wanted something natural looking and for my top liner to be more dramatic. 


For my cheeks I used one of my favs! :)



Urban Decay Afterglow Glide On Cheek Tint in BANG!

For my lips I actually went with this old lipstick I purchased from Target. It's the cheapy Wet & Wild brand. I remember I tried it and didn't like it the first time and abandoned it. At the time I couldn't adjust to using brighter color lipstick. Now, I actually love it!


Wet & Wild 905D "Hot Pink"


I don't really wear any foundation or concealer besides under my nose. I know I'm weird. One thing that I have been doing different when I wear lipstick is that I actually use my The Body Shop Tea Tree Concealer stick and I outline the outside of my lips. I feel like it defines the shape of my lips and helps my lipstick not run.



Another thing I wanted to write about today was this dress I got from F21!

I paid $16.80 for it and I was super excited to wear it for work. The only thing was the waist was much baggier than I expected so I added on a belt to it. It's a chiffon fabric and it has pockets. Very comfortable and a great steal!






No comments:

Post a Comment