Monday, June 17, 2013

June's Glam Bag (Ipsy)

It has been a really long time since I've done a review on the Glam Bags. Actually, they're called IPSY bags now. I just wanted to start off by saying how glad I am that I did not cancel my subscription. At one point, I really felt like the products were not that exciting but ever since they've been changed to Ipsy, it has been really good! The products they are including, I feel are more usable and rewarding. I'm actually excited to use these products instead of putting them away in a drawer.

This month's theme is The Wild Side. Came with a leopard print bag which I am not a fan of, but I have to give them props for creating more creative bags.


Starlooks Lip Pencil in "Nude" -$12 original 

I must say I was pretty excited to get a lip pencil in the bag only because I don't really have any. I know that when you wear lipstick, you really should to help it not run. I was somewhat disappointed that it's nude because I'm just not really into nude lips. I did still try it on and I have to give it a good rating still because it's creamy and easy to apply. Just wished that I got it in a different color! Plus, they gave this in what seems to me like a full size.




NYX Cosmetic Mosiac Powder Blush - $7
nyxcosmetics.com

Finally, more blush! I am really excited to get more blush. It's something that I never really use to get a variety of because I rather spend the money on lipstick :) But, I'm glad that they're giving it to us to try. I never really did quite understand how mosiac type blushes and bronzers work. That it picks up all the colors and swirls it when you apply? Nonetheless, I tried this one on this morning and I really like the color. It's a natural sunkissed type color. I'll have to see if it lasts me throughout the day.






J-Cas Sparkling Cream Palette in "SCP106" $4.49 original
jcatbeauty.com

I haven't tried this one yet, but I'm also really excited to. I'm digging the bright glitter look on the eyes. I've been using my ELF Liquid Liner in Copper over my usual eyeliner for a little bit of a sparkle. My only concern with cream liners is if it creases on my eyes. The last thing I want is big chunks of glitter creased together. Also, I'm worried it's not going to be easy to apply. I've had something like this before where it was more like a paste that was so chunky it's like applying glue to my eyes. I'll have to try this one out and review again later!




Chella Ivory Lace Highlighter Pencil - $18
chella.com

Okay, when I first got this I didn't know what to do with it. I applied it to the bottom of my lashline. Haha, I know right. I'm such a noob! So now that I read what you're suppose to do with it, it kind of makes more sense.

This fresh and pretty neutral pencil will brighten and visibly lift your eyes when lightly applied on the brow bone, dark circles, blemishes and redspots.
Directions: Draw a line under the brow bone with this creamy pencil and then pat gently into place using your 3rd (“ring”) finger.
Thank goodness for directions on websites right? I used it as a bottom liner to be honest, I thought it was like those eye widening liners they sell. Either way, it worked and its super creamy and blendable. I'll have to try it again as a highlighter.



J.Cas Eyelash & Eyelash Glue- $3.99
jcatbeauty.com

I didn't take a picture of this one. I totally forgot about it. I kind of stashed it away with all of my other fake lashes that I never wear. I really like fash lashes and the way it looks, but the reality of it is I never wear it. It's more of a rare ocassion thing, but it's just too time consuming to put on.



Overall, I'm very satisfied with the bag. They are all things I feel like I could use. Plus, the are decent products! I do wish that I got the dry shampoo instead of the false lashes. I'm on the market for a good dry shampoo because I wash my hair every day and I know it's so bad. The ones I've tried so far just makes the texture of my hair super gritty.


Live l0ng and be beautiful!

No comments:

Post a Comment