Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Catching up!

There has been not a lot going on lately, but at the same time it feels like a lot has been done! So I'm going to touch on a couple subjects.

Chase had his FIRST talent show! It's not really a talent show, but more like the classes do a little performance. I was really anxious to see how he would respond being on stage in front of a group of people. He does get kind of shy around big groups or if he's not use to a situation. I was curious to see if he would cry, hide, participate or do nothing at all. In this case, he did nothing at all. At least he didn't cry and he stuck it out =) He has been growing up so quickly. He talks a lot and he just has the funniest personality. He's so goofy and just happy! He does have his crabby moments still but they don't happen as often. I find that when we're home just me and the kids that I don't have as big of a problem with him than when Brandon's home as well. He's really good at drawing for his age. He actually draws circles and faces with arms and legs. He loves to color and to build things. Since he's my first child, I wasn't sure if he was advanced or just the norm, but his teacher tells me that his drawing and coloring is really good. Most kids his age can't draw like him. He's also really coordinated. Little by little, I feel like he's just not really a little kid anymore. He's becoming a boy. I'm really fortunate that he's such a kind and loving soul. He just loves to take care of me and cuddle with me. He's all about mommy. I complain sometimes, because I do feel like it's irritating. Everything is mommy, even if daddy is home. I think when I'm tired or stressed out, it's hard for me to take a step back and realize that it's something I should cherish and not something I should be irritated with because when he gets older I'm sure he's not going to want me to build toys with him. He loves to just sit on the couch with me and grab our blankets. We just cuddle. It's really amazing what a cuddle bug he has become considering that we really did not let him sleep with us or held him very much. He has just developed this very loving personality. He always shares with me whatever he's eating. He's always looking out for me, the same way I look out for him!

This was one of the drawings he made when we were outside. He draws this on the back of every single piece of classwork he gets from school. I took a picture of this one because he drew something between the legs an said it was his pee pee. I thought it was pretty funny haha. Such a boy thing to do!


Trent, where do I begin. He has done SOOO much in the last two months. He crawls VERY well. He pretty much pulls himself up on anything he can get his hands on. It's funny we have this pretend bbq and grill and last night, he must've pulled himself up on the bbq grill and he stood there holding on playing with it. He's still quite the character but when he's happy, he's just so funny. He's very sensitive to noise still and he just LOOOOVES his brother. Chase can do no wrong in his eyes and everything Chase does is funny to Trent. If Chase cries, Trent cries. He has 4 teeth now. It seemed like he got them all at once. He's still not really into mushy foods and gags when he eats something too chunky. I really need to be a little bit better with introducing him to more grown up foods. He's another momma's boy but with him I don't mind. I don't want to play favorites, but I definitely don't mind babying Trent more because I know he's going to be the last one. It's bittersweet to see him grow up. 

Birthday Party!!! So I decided to get a head start on their party planning this year. I've been grouping ideas and thank goodness to Pinterest, I've been able to group all of my ideas into one place instead of saving a bunch of links! It's going to be a Superhero theme. At first I was just going to do batman, but I figured maybe a more general theme would be cool! I'm SUPER excited about this years party and I'm hoping we have a great turnout like we usually do. I don't want to plan a whole party and no one come! It's going to be at a park again..I wish we could do it indoors but it's just too expensive. I have so much planned and most of it is just craft stuff.

Fixing up the place! Okay, last blog was about how bad I wanted to fix up the place. Well it seems like everything is actually moving along! I picked out some paint colors which I'm kind of unsure about, but hopefully it all turns out good. We even moved the fireplace out from our bedroom into the living room and now even though it makes the place seem smaller, it makes it seem cozier. Like it really belongs there! I'm excited to get some candle holders and decorative vases to put on the fireplace. I'm hoping this summer, we'll really be able to fix up the place little by little. Yesterday, when I went to Home Depot, I didn't realize how much I would love the place! I looked at hardware for the cabinets. Saw my dream closet setup. I can't wait til we actually paint the damn place now!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment