Thursday, June 20, 2013

Chicken Adobo Recipe

I might not be Filipino, but I LOVE Filipino food. One of my all time favorite dishes to make is chicken adobo. It's delicious and easy to make! I find it difficult to find just the perfect amount of soy sauce/vinegar mix. I think my chicken adobo recipe is on point. One of the best I've ever had! :)

Chicken Adobo
1 lb      Chicken thigh/drumstick mix. (Which ever you prefer. This recipe had 6 thighs)
1/2       Yellow Onion Diced
2 tbsp   Minced garlic
3/4 cup Soy Sauce
1 cup    Vinegar
2 cup    Water
5           Bay leaves
1 tsp     Paprika
2 tbsp   Cornstarch
3 tbsp   Water
Salt & Pepper 
Olive Oil


  • First, I add a little bit of olive oil to the bottom of the pot and saute the unions and garlic for a little bit. 
  • Then I add the chicken and brown the skin. 
  • Add the water, soy sauce and vinegar to the pot and stir to mix. Bring to a boil.
  • Add bay leaves, paprika, salt & pepper(I use a metal tea defuser to hold the leaves so I don't have a hard time separating them later).
  • Let it simmer for about 30 minutes, until the skin and chicken seems tender.
  • In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch and water. Stir until completely dissolved.
  • Add the cornstarch mixture to the pot and mix. Let it boil for an additional 5 minutes.



No comments:

Post a Comment