Thursday, March 29, 2012

Buxom Lash Liner

So I am OBSESSED with long eyelashes. I've tried Latisse (way too expensive) which seemed to work, but it didn't last. When I finally gave up on hopes of growing long luscious lashes a friend of mine told me about an eyeliner she had been using, after I complimented her on her lashes looking longer!

That's when I've been introduced to Buxom Lash Liner (only available at Sephora $16). Buxom is a line from Bare Escentuals, which we all know is a great line and has paraben-free products. Not only is this a gel eye-liner it's also a thickening and conditioning treatment for your lashes! So, first of all, I don't really believe in half of the "make your lash grow longer gimmick." Partially, because most of these products require for you to use it religiously. I wear eyeliner EVERYDAY so it's not like I need to go out of my way to remember to apply it. So I said, eh why not?

Before I started using Buxom, I used the MAC Fluidline Gel Liner. It's the only liner besides liquid liner that doesn't crease on my eyes (well, actually I finally found Urban Decay 24/7, in the last year that is a pencil that didn't crease or smudge.) Gel liner has a way of giving you the look of a pencil with the stay of a liquid waterproof liner. Buxom Lashliner is not as dark as the MAC gel liner and it smells really good. It glides on very smooth and is very easy to apply. Yes, sometimes on greasy days I do find that the MAC liner stays put a little better, but you can barely tell the difference on most days. I did notice my eyelashes were longer and healthier. I wouldn't say that it's a dramatic difference. I don't look like I have false lashes on but it feels fuller and healthier. So for a difference of a dollar why not go with the product that is healthier and conditions!

Besides, my co-worker works part-time at Sephora, so I asked her to buy it for me with her 30% discount which makes it cheaper than what I would pay at MAC :) This little jar lasts me about a year. It usually dries up before I can really finish the whole jar. $11 for liner that lasts a whole year seems like a good deal to me!




Buxom Lashliner is made from natural ingredients such as Vitamin A, C and E, Honeysuckle, Jojoba Oil, Soy Protein, Tourmaline and Biotin (Vitamin B).

No comments:

Post a Comment