Monday, March 26, 2012

Death By Oreo Cupcakes!!

Okay, so I got this Oreo cupcake recipe from TheStir.Cafemom.com a little bit ago and I've been DYING to try it out. I finally had the time to make them Saturday. Another reason why I didn't was because I don't have anything to hold the cupcakes in! The last time I made cupcakes, I put them in those aluminum trays to bring them to work with a lid...I freaking dropped one of the trays UPSIDE DOWN and the frosting got all smeared. I know right, I'm a freaking loser and it was such a freaking FAIL!

Death By Oreo Cupcake Recipe
1 Box of Chocolate Cake Mix (and the ingredients needed for cake mix duh!)
1 Stick of Butter (room temperature)
8 oz of Cream Cheese (room temperature)
1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
3 Cups Powdered Sugar
1 Package of Regular Size Oreo's
1 Package of Mini Oreo's (I've only seen the to go cups)
Makes 24 cupcakes!

Cake Instructions:
  1. Preheat your oven to whatever your cake mix instructions says.
  2. Line your cupcake pans with your cupcake cups (duh).
  3. Place a full size Oreo in each liner.
  4. Make the cake mix according to the instructions on the box. Take half of the remaining regular size Oreo's and chop them into semi big chunks. (I put them in a ziplock and mashed a potato masher)
  5. Add crushed Oreo to batter and mix. (I mixed it with my silicone spatula.)
  6. Add the cake mix to the cupcake liners and bake following the instructions on the box.

Frosting Instructions:
  1. Cream the butter and cream cheese then add vanilla extract.
  2. Slowly add the sugar and mix until even. (I did one cup at a time)
  3. Take the remaining regular size Oreo's and crush until very fine. (I still used a potato masher and a rolling pin) They recommended a food processor but Chase was sleeping and I didn't feel like climbing on a chair to get it.
  4. Add Oreo to frosting and mix. (I folded the Oreo into the frosting before I started stirring it a bit more)
After your cupcakes are cool, frost and decorate with mini Oreo's! 

The recipe actually calls for 3 3/4 cup of sugar. I don't really like too sweet of frosting so I kept tasting it after each cup and I felt like 3 cups of sugar was plenty sweet.








                              


No comments:

Post a Comment