Thursday, March 15, 2012

Perfect

"He's not perfect. You aren't either and the two of you will never be perfect. But if he can make you laugh at least once, causes you to think twice and if he admits to being human and making mistakes, hold onto him and give him the most you can. He isn't going to quote poetry, he's not thinking about you every moment, but he will give you a part of him he knows you could break. Don't hurt him, don't change him and don't expect more than he can give. Don't analyze. Smile when he makes you happy, yell when he makes you mad and miss him when he's not there. Love hard when there is love to be had. Because perfect guys don't exist, but there's always one guy that is perfect for you."                             
                                    - Bob Marley

I read that one day on a post from a friend on Facebook. Now, it might just be the hormones acting up, but it almost made me tear up when I read it.

I'm not a romantic person, I have my moments but generally I'm not. Being Chinese, we kind of grew up showing love in a different way. You show people you love them by taking care of them. My relationship with my fiance is very complicated to say the least. Especially, with such a hectic schedule and having a little one so early on..it makes our relationship mature quick.

I'll admit, that like any relationship we have our issues. I have a very short temper and not a very forgiving nature when I'm angry. Then I read something like this and it kinda makes me go, aww. When I'm mad, I show it, I couldn't hide it even if I wanted to. Immediately, my brain jumps to all these hateful things and just all things negative pops into my head and nothing can really help me re-cooperate besides sleep and time. I'm sure like all relationships, when couples argue your brain is flooded with all types of negative thoughts and the last thing that comes to your mind are loving memories and good times.

Then I read this quote.. "If he makes you laugh even just once, causes you to think twice and he admits to being human and making mistakes." He definitely makes me laugh and when he does, it's in a way that no one else can. We share a bond, a comfort level and a goofiness that I would not feel comfortable enough to share with anyone else. Even though he annoys me more than makes me laugh because what he thinks is funny might be a nuisance to me.. there are times where he can actually get me to crack a smile or a chuckle. He causes me to think twice about a lot of things. I guess when you actually care for someone, you always hesitate and think of how the other person might feel. You think about how they may react to something and if it would affect us. I've never been that way with anyone before. I was always about why should I let others hinder what I want to do, as long as what I do is not wrong or immorally correct. If they can't deal with it, or they're not okay with it, then tough they can get steppin. Okay, so there are still certain things that I am that way about. But, it doesn't mean that for a split second, I don't stop and think about how he feels. Lastly, he always admits to me the mistakes that he makes because he is human, just like I am. Everyone makes mistakes, especially things we say in the heat of the moment. Him and I are both hot heads. Quick to blurt things like we've got turrets. But, at the end we always admit our mistakes. He even acknowledges that he is going to try and change and work on things but knows that it will not be immediate. Instead of feeding me lies, telling me he's going to change and everything's going to be fine and dandy, he's honest. He tells me it's a work in progress,  that it might not change right away but at least he's trying. I can't ask for anything more than that.

I love my boyfriend, fiance, father of my children. I won't pretend that there are aren't times when I tell him I hate him, that he's annoying and that I can't stand him. But, you know when I stop and think about our relationship and when we have our good moments, I can't imagine sharing that with anybody else.

I guess the point of this blog is, sometimes I think we are so caught up on how we feel at a certain moment of anger, that we forget to think about how we really feel about our significant other as a whole. I know I'm guilty of that. Hell, sometimes its more than just a moment of anger, it's a week of being in a relationship rut. But if we all really stopped once a day at the least, to remind ourselves of how much we love the other person and most of all, how much the other person loves you, maybe that would help us get out of the rut we are in and make us feel like a flame reignited?

No comments:

Post a Comment