Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Leg cramps, backaches and diaper rashes..

Okay, so I don't blog on the weekends or my days off. I sit in front of a computer at work 8 hours a day 5 days a week, so once I'm off work I don't even like to be near a computer and I don't like to talk on the phone.

So what's interesting, is on Friday I was just reading about current pregnancy symptoms that I might be going through now. Backaches and leg cramps..and what do you know, that night in my sleep I had a leg cramp. I kind of felt it in my sleep as I stretched but I must have subconsciously done it again and next thing you know I'm awake wondering how am I suppose to get out of this leg cramp! I had to bend my leg but point my toes upwards for a good couple minutes before it went away. My leg felt awkward for the next two days! I only had a leg cramp once during my previous pregnancy. Now I'm super self conscious about it in my sleep. I use to get toe cramps a lot during volleyball or when I'm clutching while driving stick. Those are THE WORSE! I'm also having the worse backaches. I've always had a bad back, due to bad car accidents and bad volleyball postures when I was younger. Now it's worse then ever. It almost just feels like my back is very tender and sore. I use to see a chiropractor once every two weeks for an adjustment but I stopped after a while. I almost feel like I need to go again because my back is so sore! I don't know what to do about it. Plus, my mattress sucks. It's causing me to toss and turn in my sleep constantly.

Lets talk diaper cream..

Chase battled bad cases of diaper rashes since he was like 3 months old. He never cried when he had a dirty diaper so I would never know! (Now I have the nose of a police dog..) And he would get THE WORSE diaper rashes. I'm talking blisters, red bumps, the whole nine yards. I felt so bad for him because it looks painful. I used Desitin on him at first, even the maximum strength ones and it didn't really seem to do anything. Then I switched to AD&D and it actually worked! So that's what I stuck with for a while. I got a big tub of it to keep at school for him. Until a couple months ago, he got a really bad diaper rash from school. I tried AD&D for a little bit, it didn't work. I tried Vaseline, it didn't work. Finally, I went to Target and got the Boudreaux's Maximum Strength buttpaste. This stuff is AMAZING. 



It got rid of the diaper rash in A DAY! Its kind of pricey for the quantity. I think that's why I was really hesitant to get it at first. I didn't want to fall for the "it's pricey so it work" gimmick. So even after the maximum strength one ran out, I bought the all natural one for home. We had a neighborhood bbq on Sunday and Chase usually tells me if he's gone poo poo. But he must have been so busy running around that he didn't even tell me. Finally, I checked him and he must have had a dirty diaper for a while! I felt so bad for the kid. He had blisters around the diaper area. I felt like such a bad mom. I used the buttpaste on him and blisters were 100% gone, with just a little bit of redness still but I would say diaper rash was 90% gone. This stuff works miracles. I just felt like I had to share this for moms that goes through really bad diaper rashes with their kids because we all feel bad for the little boogers when you know they've got these painful blisters and rashes on them.

Btw, same day next week I find out the sex of the baby!!! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment